- Doctorate in Higher Education – Oklahoma State University
- Master of Science in Mass Communication – Oklahoma State University
- Bachelor of Arts in Radio/TV/Film – North Texas State University
- Accredited in Public Relations – APR
- Online Teaching Certificate – Sloan Consortium (OLC)
- Advanced Online Teaching Certificate – Online Learning Consortium
- National Association of Television Program Executives (NATPE) 2017 Faculty Fellowship
Judy Barnes Oskam is proud to serve as the Director of the Texas State University School of Journalism and Mass Communication. Before joining Texas State University, she was an associate professor at Texas Tech University.
Oskam has directed various health, agriculture and safety public awareness campaigns and grant projects. Earlier in her career, Judy worked in public affairs/outreach positions for Oklahoma State University, The University of Texas System and was a television journalist for stations in Oklahoma and Texas. Several of her videos and television programs have won awards and recognition. Dr. Oskam’s documentary (with Melinda Goodspeed), Images of Tony Gleaton, was distributed nationally by American Public Television and aired on PBS stations across the country. She is past President of the Southwest Education Council for Journalism and Mass Communication.
An award-winning teacher, Oskam teaches traditional, hybrid and online classes. She conducts workshops and presentations on public relations and hybrid and online teaching. Oskam serves on the Texas State University Extended and Distance Education Steering Committee. She also represents the Association for Schools of Journalism and Mass Communication (ASJMC) on the Accrediting Council on Education in Journalism and Mass Communication (ACEJMC).
StrengthsFinder: Ideation – Strategic – Futuristic – Significance – Responsibility